Today, we have collected seven waves (2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 e 2019), they began almost exactly before the 2008 financial crisis, reaching the end on February 2020 (a few weeks before the pandemic emergency).
The sample framework allows for territorial and sectorial representativity (12 sectorial areas, 2 digits ATECO, 20 regions), and lastly, dimensionality, including also micro firms with less than ten/10 employees. These statistical coverage characteristics make unique the MET survey with regards to sample dimension.
Samples by year
| ||2008||2009||2011||2013||2015||2017||2019||2020 (supplemento COVID-19)|
The investigated fields (specific questions in the questionnaire) are as follows:
- Anagraphical informations: (basic data, localisation, dimension, employment information, ownership structure, etc…)
- Market and structure: ( market supply and sales, competitive advantages, weaknesses, cost structure, network and value chain, sub-furniture, etc…
- Dynamic strategies: (past and present investment programs, revenue and employment growth, investment objectives, qualitative choices, and references to other sections.
- R&D and innovation: (innovation programs, R&D, relationship with external entities for research purposes, etc…
- International relationships: (presence on foreign markets, internationalisation, alliances, use of regional and national funding policies, etc…)
- Public policies: spread, relevance, analysis of self-selection, some evaluative elements, firms expectations, dynamic strategies and policies, etc.
- Private demand for public interventions: the private demand for public support is estimated starting from firms’ constraints and difficulties in the implementation of dynamic strategies
- Financial constraints: (this section goes more deeply into financial structure, obstacles, relationships with banks, bank rationing, etc…)
- Social and environmental sustainability
- Additional topics (analysis on energy & environment alternated, administration costs with PA, copyrights, recession impacts, etc…).
The methodological framework is developed in a specific section (in Italian)